Sound effects of mouse clicking and devices driving me crazy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sound effects of mouse clicking and devices driving me crazy

I finally got my HA computer and Homeseer 2.1 hooked up to my house audio system so I can have TTS announcements only to find that Homeseer sends button clicking sound effects over the stereo every time I click my mouse in the program. It also is making sound effects every time one of us or a cat (and those critters get around!) walks past a motion detector. It is driving my wife nuts and, as you can imagine, I'm being driven crazy too!

Please tell me there is a way to turn the sound effects off! (And please tell me what it is.)

Bill

Start > Control Panel > Sounds and Audio device properties. Select the sounds tab. This is where the various system events trigger sounds.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rupp,

I'm really confused. The only time there is a sound effect is when I click a device or button in HomeSeer or when a Homeseer device like a motion detector triggers. I don't see anything in the Windows audio setup that relates to motion detectors firing. Obviously I'm misunderstanding something here but it isn't the sounds of normal windows events that is the problem.

When I click my mouse in programs other than HS it doesn't make any noises.

Bill

Comment

Well, I turned off all the Microsoft Windows sounds and it definitely did correct the problem. Not sure I understand which sound effect it was but it sure is a lot betternow!

Thanks Rupp. You're a lifesaver!

Comment

Working...
        X