Homeseer backup question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homeseer backup question

I was wondering what most of you do to back up your homeseer system in case of data loss. Before I upgrade to the newest version, I would like to back up everything just in case. I have too much to lose.

Hi Beach,
    I ghost my Homeseer machine at least once a month and burn it to cd or dvd. Then after any change to homeseer, I copy the full directory to at least one other drive. Sometimes I'll burn a copy of the Hs directory to cd between full ghosts.
    Stuart

Comment

Here are 2 different approaches (I use both)
      http://ubb.homeseer.com/6/ubb.x?a=tp...3&m=9262981305

http://ubb.homeseer.com/6/ubb.x?a=tp...3&m=8102970573

-Rupp
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I share the HomeSeer folder on my home network and use Windows XP MSBackup on a different machine to do a daily incremental backup to that other machine. This way the HomeSeer machine doesn't have to use CPU for script processing or running the backup program itself.

BTW, I map the shared HomeSeer folder on my home network as drive H: which makes it very easy to tweak or copy new scripts from another PC without using remote connection software.

I used to do a routine image but I have very little changes to the PC other than work done with HomeSeer so I only perform a drive image after installing new software.
        Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
        My Hardware & Software

Comment

I use a program called Second Copy 2000 to automatically back up all my machines every night. It's a very simple but reliable program.

www.centered.com

Comment

I rolled my own, at least for now. I have a script set to execute daily that copies out my entire HS dir, compresses with rar, and then dumps it to a network share. Eventually I'll add in some registry exports for various HS bits as well. I can post it when I get home later if you're interested. I'm sure it would need to be modified quite a bit to work for anyone except me.

Comment

Working...
            X