Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

Script???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Script???

Hi,

I'm new with Homeseer, just about 1 week old now :-) Anyway, it seems to me that everyone here talking nothing but script, script, script here and there. Is script in Homeseer refer to a xml programming? Where do I put the script in Homeseer to run? It seems to me that everyone is using their script connect one thing or the other... I feel that I am missing a lot of fun and not fully using Homeseer, like running 4 cylinders when I am driving 12 cylinders race cars :-).

What do you guys use the most in the script, just want to get some ideas to begin building my 12 cylinders race car :-)

Thanks!!!

hlkc,
    Scripts are used for things that normal events can't do. One good example would be to parse a web page for information, or to read data coming into the com port, or to interface with another piece of hardware/software on the HS server. The script files are stored in the scripts directory. The best way to get started is to look in that directory and play a bit with the scripts that come with HS. To run a script you normally create an event to trigger a script that is keyin into the scripts/speech tab on the event form.
    -Rupp
    sigpic

Comment

Working...
    X