X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rupp
    replied
    hlkc,
    Scripts are used for things that normal events can't do. One good example would be to parse a web page for information, or to read data coming into the com port, or to interface with another piece of hardware/software on the HS server. The script files are stored in the scripts directory. The best way to get started is to look in that directory and play a bit with the scripts that come with HS. To run a script you normally create an event to trigger a script that is keyin into the scripts/speech tab on the event form.

Leave a comment:

• hlkc
    Guest started a topic Script???

Script???

Hi,

I'm new with Homeseer, just about 1 week old now :-) Anyway, it seems to me that everyone here talking nothing but script, script, script here and there. Is script in Homeseer refer to a xml programming? Where do I put the script in Homeseer to run? It seems to me that everyone is using their script connect one thing or the other... I feel that I am missing a lot of fun and not fully using Homeseer, like running 4 cylinders when I am driving 12 cylinders race cars :-).

What do you guys use the most in the script, just want to get some ideas to begin building my 12 cylinders race car :-)

Thanks!!!
Working...
X