• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone seen one of these!!

X10 Controler

Andrew, sounds like very interesting for 50$

Comment

Did anyone on the board get one of these?

Comment

I have seen many of these on EBay. They were selling for around $99.00 each. They seem to be getting cheaper lately.

Jim

Comment

Looks interesting... I can always "use" another device to hook up to my network.

If you follow the link to download the manual, and back up a directory. Link There are a some interesting files there. I have absolutely no idea if they are related or not. But based on the form factor of the device, it's quite possible the motherboard manual in that directory is what is inside.

Comment

I emailed a few questions, and got the response below.

I believe the unit requires a PC with a stable IP to talk to, but I think my Comcast cable uses a dynamic IP, and I wanted to know if that would work. Can somebody help, or translate the response below?

The box is 6" x 4" x 3"

The unit experiences problems when connected to a unit that is using DHCP, it will occasionally lock up. It should be connected to a network with DHCP turned off. You can still conect to your boadbands supplior with dynamic IP, but then have static IP's inside your network. There will be a setting in the setup of your router that lets you turn off the internal DHCP.

Comment

ARF,
              They are simply saying that you need to assign an ipaddress to the unit rather than allowing it to "grab" one from the router. This is not that big of a deal and if you get one we can help you set it up.
              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

It sounds like they are saying that NO computers on the local network can use DHCP. The manual states that the HG unit is assigned a static IP address, and then all computers on the network are assigned IP addresses sequentially following the HG unit.

Comment

I'd really like some feedback from someone who actually has used on of these. To be honest, I don't need the full software capabilities as homeseer offers, but would like at least the what Active Home offers, and really, a replacement (with memory, so I don't have to leave my computer on!) for my CM11A. Was looking at the new Smarthome USB with memory, but general comments on this BB is that that product doesn't work as well as the CM11A

Comment

Working...
                  X