clock REALLY loosing time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clock REALLY loosing time

I have noticed my homeseer computer is REALLY loosing time, for example i am using a time sync program and within 2 mins of syncing it is about 7 seconds off.. 7 seconds every 2 mins..
    any idea what it could be? the battery isnt showing as being low in the cmos. ?
    detail of setup in profile. Link to videos of my projects there as well. Over 300 scripts running every min and counting

What kind of processor usage is the system showing. Many times when the CPU sits at 100% the clock will not update.
    -Rupp
    sigpic

Comment

around 2% cpu
      detail of setup in profile. Link to videos of my projects there as well. Over 300 scripts running every min and counting

Comment

If you have <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Over 300 scripts running every min and counting <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> then I'll bet the cpu usage is a bit more that 2%. Have you tried using the performance monitor and see what system processes are running?
        -Rupp
        sigpic

Comment

Zac,

I don't know if this applies to your situation but it's possible a virus might be the culprit.

Comment

Oddly enough, I just got a call yesterday from somebody at work who says thier clock is slow.. I found a broken Norton Corporate anti-virus and the Netsky virus. Her clock isn't slow now.

Comment

ooh I too have norton antivirus corp edition. running a full scan now.

BTW remember this machine is a dual proc 3.somthing zeon processors runn9ing nothing but hs, hs phone and mlserver

Comment

Working...
              X