OT - Outlook Express

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OT - Outlook Express

I'm running OE 6 on Win 98. It now will download mail alright and the subject appears, but when I click on the message to read it, a new window opens and the hourglass hangs in the message area and the message never appears. Even the messages I've read when it was working don't appear now. No changes to the system have been made. I've completely removed OE 6 from the system and reinstalled it several times according to Microsoft with no success. Any ideas?

tikt4u,
    Are you running any virus detection software? How about Zone Alarm or something similar? What about ad blocking or pop up blocking software?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

tikt4u,
      Are you running any virus detection software? How about Zone Alarm or something similar? What about ad blocking or pop up blocking software?

Rupp,

Yes, all of the above. However, I disabled all of them with the same result.

Comment

I have seen where Norton's AntiVirus software sets registry settings preventing pop up windows. I also recall recently that one use had a similar problem and a virus software upgrade solved it.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
        X