X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rupp
    replied
    Fungun,
    For future reference you can edit a script if you forget to add an attachment or any other reason by selecting the pencil and eraser icon in the lower right portion of the thread.

Leave a comment:

• fungun
    replied
    oops forgoot
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• fungun
    replied
    being new to all this i am sending a pic of the program, in the lower right you see a quick dial pad with "Dad" on it , I click his name, the modem dials ( if i am off-line), he answers and I talk to him through my computer like a speaker phone. Does this explain more?
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

• zoomkat
    replied
    Below is some info I've saved from usenet post. I haven't tried it so YMMV. Maybe you could get homeseer to run the batch file when you issue the "call dad" command. You will need to put in the appropriate com port number and phone number. I off set the batch file lines two spaces to indicate any word wrapping. In windows XP I've found that batch files will echo to some non hardware com ports (USB to serial adapter).

"If you have an external serial modem or a full hardware internal modem, ie one that looks to DOS like a regular COM port, then you can try the following. I'm assuming that you want to make voice calls using a regular telephone, but would like your modem to automate the dialing process."

@echo off
    echo Dialing ...
    echo AT L3 M2 DT 12345678; > comx
    echo Waiting for answer or busy ...
    echo To talk, pick up the handset and then hit any key on PC keyboard
    echo Otherwise, to abort on busy, just type any key
    pause > nul
    echo ATH > comx

"Note that L3 and M2 turn on the modem's speaker at max volume. Note, also, that the semicolon in the dial string instructs the modem not to attempt a connection but to return immediately to command mode after dialing."

Leave a comment:

• Rupp
    replied
    fungun,
    If I'm understanding you correctly you have a software package that came with your modem that can dial the phone. Right? If so unless there is a dll or com object to instantiate and call properties and methods to "activate" the calling features about the only other way to do it would be to use hs.keys. This allows the user to send keys and key strokes to external apps to control them. Do a search on keys in the HS help files and they have some examples.

Leave a comment:

• fungun
    started a topic need a script

need a script

maybe i posted this in wrong place? so I am posting it here now.

I see there is an auto dialer script, but my phones won't work that way. I also see in the shopping_list script it calls for "notepad.exe".
    I have a program here called "Classic Phone Tools" it came with the voice modem i have.
    I would like to tell HS to "call Dad" it would start the program and dial my dad's number. If I do it manually i can talk on the computer like a speaker phone

Rupp gave me this answer
    You can do phone manipulation using HomeSeer Phone which is an add on product of HomeSeer.

You can read about it here:
    http://homeseer.american-data.net/Me...ode=HT0300-000

-Rupp

my answer
    yes read about it but then would have to install a diff modem and buy another piece of software, when i have the software that already works, but cant figure out how to call it up from HS. downloaded the HSphone trial and tryied it but wont work with my modem, unless i have the phone setup wrong in the house?
    Tim
Working...
X