Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem with Request.ServerVariables("AUTH_USER") in ASP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with Request.ServerVariables("AUTH_USER") in ASP?

I am using this command to achieve the current user that has logged in when using my web server but when I sign in as my admin id or any id for that matter that I have setup in the Define Users area of HS, the name is displays from the Request.ServerVariables("AUTH_USER") call is 'Username not set'.

If I refresh the web page, then the correct name shows up. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

ALSO, I have my admin user setup to be the login that is used when loggin in from unrestricted subnets (which I assume is in my house), but this id is not used. The user comes up as 'Username not set' when I call Request.ServerVariables("AUTH_USER").

Can someone please help?
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Bob,
    If you have "No password needed for the following subnets" checked then the call Request.ServerVariables("AUTH_USER") will return "username not set" because there is no user logged in.
    -Rupp
    sigpic

Comment

There never used to be a logged in user for the local subnet access, but now there is, so we likely just forgot to add the functionality of returning the logged in user for the local subnet access. However, have you tried the WEBLoggedInUser script command within the ASP to see if that returns the proper user ID? It might be just that the server variable is not updated but the WEBLoggedInUser return value is.
      Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Working...
      X