Other switch solution needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other switch solution needed

I have a Mix of x10 and z-wave. I will say the Z-wave stuff is awosome! And the x10 works but can be problematic. So now I need another solution. I am at a stand point with z-wave. My basement is all new so the z-wave works great, but upstairs is another story.

The house is 25 years old therefor there are no neutral wires in any of the switches and ther are several switches that have two swithces controlling one light.

This kinda rules out z-wave as they don't support this. And x-10 just won't work in the upper part of the house. The signal won't get there.

So i guess i need something simalar to z-wave that works as well.

Greg,
    Do you have a coupler/repeater? If not this could fix the problematic X10 area upstairs. There was a rumbling/rumor that Z-Wave was going to release a switch that did not require the neutral wire.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I do not have that. Where do I get one and where do I put it?

Comment

Greg,
        One of the best place to buy one is http://www.worthdist.com. The are mounted in the circuit panel and have been covered extensively on this BB. Search for hca02

http://www.worthdist.com/leviton/hca02-10e.htm
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

If I do not have a neutral wire what is the best switch to use in single and three way applications.

If I understand right the switch will not tell HS if it was turned on or not. Meaning HS cannot poll it to get a status? So If HS doen't turn it on or off it will not now what state the switch is in?

Comment

WHy not just wait a few more months to get Z-wave. There coming out with many new products. Yeah it has been pushed back a few times but I would rather wait.

BrianD

Comment

Working...
            X