Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

Processor speed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Processor speed?

I am currently running homeseer on a pc that has 701 mhz celeron processor.
    Homeseer runs really well on this machine this is also my main comp running accounts and e-mail etc.
    My problem comes when I use motion sensors I have the sensor on eg. A1 turning on light A2 via a Event in homeseer. but the light is very slow coming on.
    Would a higher processor dramatically increase the speed in which homeseer responds?
    thanks for your help
    Jim

Jim,

Probably not. If you are using a standard transceiver, there are some points of latency there. Maybe you could look into the WGL Designs W800 RF Receiver. I don't use one yet, but it seems to me that if the RF signal is sent directly to the PC (its a whole house transceiver right on your PC com port), that would speed things up slightly.

-Tom
    -Tom

Visit Kernhome
    Kern Theater Gallery

(User: guest / Pass: guest)

Comment

I have a W800 installed and things are still prety slooow?

Comment

Hum... I have a 2.8 GHZ processor and when I open my closet door and step in the motion sensor has already triggered and the light is on. Less than a second. Another test I tried was to open my back door which wet off a chime module. From the time the contacts are separated to the time the chime goes off is around a second. Sometimes a bit less.

Do you have retransmit to power line checked for that particular house code? If so try turning it off and see if that helps. If not then a faster processor may very well increase your processing speed.
        -Rupp
        sigpic

Comment

I can get it down to about a secound for one sensor if there is more than one sensor being trigered at a time then the comp CPU hits 100% and runs between 5 and 35%
          Time for a new comp I reckon

Comment

From detection of motion to the light coming on is just over 1 elephant (as confirmed by my 5 year old who spent hours working this out).

Is CHAF ( Child Acceptance Factor ) on the list of acceptable acronyms.

Phill

Comment

Mine is at best 2 elephants usualy 3 sometimes they do forget!
              New very fast comp is being put together as we speak delivery in 4 days

Comment

Working...
              X