Streaming webcam2000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Streaming webcam2000

I've setup a test page below that uses the free webcam2000 program. The webcam2000 is usually used to supply and image when requested and doesn't have a built in "steaming" function. I've modified a webcam32 setup to do an image pull from the webcam2000 application. Apparently the webcam2000 can have "profiles" like webcam32 for use with more than one cam, but I haven't tried that. Looks like this would be needed to save session settings. Might be of interest to those looking for free setups.

http://www.geocities.com/zoomkat/wc2000.htm
    Why I like my 2005 rio yellow Honda S2000 with the top down, and more!

From here it looks as good as some streaming packages. What is the refresh rate you have set?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

The refresh rate in the server setup is set to 0 (disable), but changing it to other settings like 5 seconds doesn't seem to change things in this setup.

Comment

Is this wc2000.htm simply doing a meta refresh?
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

It isn't a metta refresh, but seems to be similar. The java script in the page ask for another image as soon as one is received and doesn't dump the old image until the new one is received. A metta refresh calls for the web page to be updated which can make for a blank page displaying for a moment making an irritating flicker effect (I think that is how it works).

Comment

At the above link I added a popout link that I find interesting. It puts the video in a popout box which has links that switch between the cams. The geocities drop down can be annoying (just close it in the upper right), but not a problem on a home server. Stop the main video and then click on the popout link. Might be a handy way to keep the cam views available on the desktop stopped and minimized on the bottom tool bar until you want to view them.

Comment

Working...
            X