Question about addressable power supply for X10 cameras

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about addressable power supply for X10 cameras

I have noticed that the regular Xcam2 cameras come with an addressable power supply that can be set to a house and unit code.

I noticed that the instant-on xcam2 and wideeyes do not come with this. Do they not need the addressable power supply in order switch which camera will be off or on or do the instant-on cameras have this built in?
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

The power supply is always on on these models, so that the camera is always running.

That's the instant on feature... I presume the transmitter is turned on for a selected camera via the RF remote.

Comment

They must of changed the design then as both my Instant on and the wide both came with addressable power supplies. The "instant on" has 3 leads to the transmitter section:-
      0Vdc, +ve switched via the HC/UC and +ve always on to keep the camera ready.
      If the control was via RF then many control programs would not work, they use the CM11A via the power lines to switch the cameras.
      See X10 support pages for the manuals.

Comment

If they are always on, is there no way to shut them off them and turn them on via scripts, etc?
        Cheers,
        Bob

Comment

You're right Microchip

So much for my memory... Forget what I said

Comment

The reason I asked about the addressable power supplies is that the x10 deal I am looking at does not mention about inluding the addressable power supplies with the x10 instant-on wideeyes.

Here is the deal

http://www.x10.com/products/xx17a_3for1.htm

Actually, the deal at the bottom of the page for $169 does not offer them either. I am confused as to why they are not included if you need them to use the scan pad.
            Cheers,
            Bob

Comment

It's a part number thing . . .

The XX17A "instant-on" camera kit consists of an XC19A camera and an XM13A addressable power supply.

The XM13A power supply is the one that Microchip describes above.

Comment

Bob, those deals will both come with the power supply - they just number them as a package. Note though, that the deal you pointed to does not include the receiver that you need. If you already made an order of a package with the receiver then you're ok, but watch that you don't just get cameras without any receiver. The deal at the bottom includes the receiver ("audio/video receiver").

Comment

Jeff,

Which cameras do you prefer since you have had some exposure to them - The regular xcam2, the instant-on xcam2, the wideeye xcam2 or the instant-on wideeye xcam2?

I am going to using one to monitor my front foor area and a couple to monitor our 1 acre lot (side of the house and backyard).

I am so close to making an order.
                  Cheers,
                  Bob

Comment

You'll find lots of personal preferences, but I like the instant-on (the others fade in as the power comes on), the wide-eye is nice, but a bit distorted - I only have one, but would like more for specific areas. The wide-eye I have mounted up a tree is one of my favourites.
                    If you order from X10, my experience is that they always send the instant-ons. (I have ordered about 6-7 times and this has been the case each time - but no guarantees!)

Comment

Thanks for the reply Jeff. I am going to go with the wide eye instant on cameras I think.
                      Cheers,
                      Bob

Comment

you'll be happy. The picture I posted looking from atop a tree is a wide-eye. Go for it!

Comment

Jeff,
                          I don't see a posted image from the tree?
                          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rupp,

You can see it here:

http://ubb.homeseer.com/eve/ubb.x?a=...1664#296101664
                            Cheers,
                            Bob

Comment

Well, I put in the order
                              Cheers,
                              Bob

Comment

Working...
                              X