Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JeffCharger
    replied
    I will try to take some pictures this weekend - we are hoping to go up if the weather is decent.

I have birdhouses everywhere! and I think it really has confused the birds. I have a couple of stationary ones, one on the tree that rotates with the ninja and one that rotates on my homemade antenna rotor control on the end of the dock! Everyone knows that if you see a birdhouse - smile!

Leave a comment:

• Blade
    replied
    Jeff,

I would like to see some pictures of them as well. TIA

Leave a comment:

• Rupp
    replied
    Jeff,
    I need pictures of these bird houses. How do you pan and tilt a camera and keep in pointing out the small hole in a bird house? How far are they from your receiver? I need more information Greg

Leave a comment:

• JeffCharger
    replied
    Sorry Greg, didn't see your question until this morning. Bob pointed you to the thread for the 2 pictures. The first one is about 10 feet up a tree. It's a wide-eye camera and is mounted in a moving birdhouse which moves with the ninja. It has become one of my favourite locations since it gets a panoramic view of the area. The second picture is one using a normal x10 camera and looks at the boathouse. This one is mounted in a stationary birdhouse - (and has been there about 2+ years now).

Leave a comment:

• Blade
    replied
    Well, I put in the order

Leave a comment:

• Blade
    replied
    Rupp,

You can see it here:

http://ubb.homeseer.com/eve/ubb.x?a=...1664#296101664

Leave a comment:

• Rupp
    replied
    Jeff,
    I don't see a posted image from the tree?

Leave a comment:

• JeffCharger
    replied
    you'll be happy. The picture I posted looking from atop a tree is a wide-eye. Go for it!

Leave a comment:

• Blade
    replied
    Thanks for the reply Jeff. I am going to go with the wide eye instant on cameras I think.

Leave a comment:

• JeffCharger
    replied
    You'll find lots of personal preferences, but I like the instant-on (the others fade in as the power comes on), the wide-eye is nice, but a bit distorted - I only have one, but would like more for specific areas. The wide-eye I have mounted up a tree is one of my favourites.
    If you order from X10, my experience is that they always send the instant-ons. (I have ordered about 6-7 times and this has been the case each time - but no guarantees!)

Leave a comment:

• Blade
    replied
    Jeff,

Which cameras do you prefer since you have had some exposure to them - The regular xcam2, the instant-on xcam2, the wideeye xcam2 or the instant-on wideeye xcam2?

I am going to using one to monitor my front foor area and a couple to monitor our 1 acre lot (side of the house and backyard).

I am so close to making an order.

Leave a comment:

• JeffCharger
    replied
    Bob, those deals will both come with the power supply - they just number them as a package. Note though, that the deal you pointed to does not include the receiver that you need. If you already made an order of a package with the receiver then you're ok, but watch that you don't just get cameras without any receiver. The deal at the bottom includes the receiver ("audio/video receiver").

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    It's a part number thing . . .

The XX17A "instant-on" camera kit consists of an XC19A camera and an XM13A addressable power supply.

The XM13A power supply is the one that Microchip describes above.

Leave a comment:

• Blade
    replied
    The reason I asked about the addressable power supplies is that the x10 deal I am looking at does not mention about inluding the addressable power supplies with the x10 instant-on wideeyes.

Here is the deal

http://www.x10.com/products/xx17a_3for1.htm

Actually, the deal at the bottom of the page for $169 does not offer them either. I am confused as to why they are not included if you need them to use the scan pad.

Leave a comment:

• firtha
    replied
    You're right Microchip

So much for my memory... Forget what I said

Leave a comment:

Working...
X