Webcam Video Streaming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Webcam Video Streaming?

I have set a basic trigger for streaming of video at an absolute time of say 6:00 p.m. In the event, I have the file designated with a .wmv extention as I am capturing and streaming video. I have no CODEC selected as required. I have port 88 opened on my router (cable modem with Netgear Router) and when I open Media Player 9 and enter my URL consisting of my IPAddress and port number, ie, http://XXX.XXX.X.X:88/ media player tells me it can't access the port. I am opening the media player on the local computer running Homeseer. It uses port 8080 and I am able to access it from both sides of the router (local and over the internet). I trigger at an absolute time and then set the duration value to 20 seconds for the stream capture for test purposes. Any help as to what I might be doing wrong would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance !!!!!!!!

Rick,

Are you saying that it works fine at port 8080 but not 88, or are you saying that it only works on the local network?
    Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Rick,
      I am saying that I can access the Homeseer Software remotely on port 8080. I have opened port 88 on the router for the webcam plug-in video stream. When I open Media Player 9 and then enter the IP address of my computer (local PC that has Homeseer running on it for testing), and enter my IP address of the computer that I am on (local lan side) with the port extension (:88) it says that there is a problem opening the port. Hope this helps. Still haven't had any luck. Wondering what I might be doing wrong? Thanks for your help in advance !!!!!

Comment

Do you have something else running on port 88?

Try 82, 84, 92, etc.
        Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Working...
        X