Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rick Tinker
    replied
    Do you have something else running on port 88?

Try 82, 84, 92, etc.

Leave a comment:

• Rick Bonari
    replied
    Rick,
    I am saying that I can access the Homeseer Software remotely on port 8080. I have opened port 88 on the router for the webcam plug-in video stream. When I open Media Player 9 and then enter the IP address of my computer (local PC that has Homeseer running on it for testing), and enter my IP address of the computer that I am on (local lan side) with the port extension (:88) it says that there is a problem opening the port. Hope this helps. Still haven't had any luck. Wondering what I might be doing wrong? Thanks for your help in advance !!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Rick Tinker
    replied
    Rick,

Are you saying that it works fine at port 8080 but not 88, or are you saying that it only works on the local network?

Leave a comment:

• Rick Bonari
    started a topic Webcam Video Streaming?

Webcam Video Streaming?

I have set a basic trigger for streaming of video at an absolute time of say 6:00 p.m. In the event, I have the file designated with a .wmv extention as I am capturing and streaming video. I have no CODEC selected as required. I have port 88 opened on my router (cable modem with Netgear Router) and when I open Media Player 9 and enter my URL consisting of my IPAddress and port number, ie, http://XXX.XXX.X.X:88/ media player tells me it can't access the port. I am opening the media player on the local computer running Homeseer. It uses port 8080 and I am able to access it from both sides of the router (local and over the internet). I trigger at an absolute time and then set the duration value to 20 seconds for the stream capture for test purposes. Any help as to what I might be doing wrong would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance !!!!!!!!
Working...
X