PDF viewer for Pocket IE?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PDF viewer for Pocket IE?

Does anyone know if there is a PDF viewer that will work on a PDA on Pocket IE?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Rupp,

How about this?

Adobe Acrobat Reader for Pocket PC

I don't know if it will run in the browser itself though.

Comment

They get pretty specific as to which device it will be running on. Check this out
      What kind of device did you get Rupp?

Comment

Hum .. I don't see Pocket PC 2003 listed?

emooney,
        I was just given one at work for a new project and its the IPAQ 5555. It's pretty cool with the wireless built in and amazingly it picks up the wireless router almost 2 times further than my laptop.

Comment

Rupp,

Did you try both ARM versions? The worst that will happen is it won't work. It's easy enough to find out.

Comment

Hey Rupp,
            I have the 4155 running PPC 2003 and the one listed as 'English ARM (Compaq iPAQ) - 8.36 MB' works fine for me.

The Wi-Fi in mine is awesome. I can ride down my road and it picks up all of the SSID's that are being broadcasted and I could even jump on the network of the ones that aren't wep encrypted. (A perfect reason to turn your wep encryption on!)

I use mine as my 'mobile house controller' as well as a portable tv through Windows Media Player.

Another very cool feature of these PPC's is that I can 'remote sync' all of my appointments and contacts to my laptop via WiFi, so I don't even have to put it in the cradle to sync it!

Eric

Comment

Eric,
              can you elaborate on the use as a " portable tv through Windows Media Player". I'm still getting use to this thing. So far it intuitive except for the installation of software to the device. Having never used one in the past makes this a bit Greek.

Comment

Me too emooney. I downloaded ministumbler and ran it on my drive home from work. I found 12 hotspots and about 4 were open. Crazy. Even right outside my house I get 2 in addition to my own. Visit www.netstumbler.com to download ministumbler for PPC.

Comment

I am using an app called BeyondTV from SnapStream to record or watch live tv through my PC. What BeyondTV does is stream the signal on the fly (if I'm watching liveTV). I can then request the stream from my PPC via Windows Media Player and I'm watching liveTV on my PPC.
                  As far as the hardware goes, I bought the Hauppauge 350 soley because of the hardware encoding/decoding features. I'm sure you're aware of the strain streaming puts on your cpu. However, BeyondTV doesn't support hardware encoding/decoding though so I'm currently using a $30 capture card and my cpu is handling the weight until I get my streaming server in later this week.

Hope that is what you were looking for.

Eric

Comment

Mike,
                    I can go over to my brothers apt where he has no WiFi and still get access because someone around him has WiFi. It's more of a 'hey, look what I can do' thing but is still cool!

Comment

Working...
                    X