Looking for an away script.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for an away script.

When we leave the house for the day or in the evening my kinds are constantly leaving the lights on throughout the house. I need a script that will go through all the devices I have and turn them off. It wouldn't be that hard to write a script but I just too lazy. Does anyone have something in place I could use?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Come on Rupp - how hard is it to copy and paste hs.execX10 "B1","off" etc in a script?
    Jon

Comment

John,
      I wasn't really planning on doing it that way. I was thinking more along the lines of looping through all my devices and turning them off if there light switches, lamp modules, etc. Maybe I'm making this harder than it needs to be.

Comment

Rupp,

I see the reason for your question now - however I am sure you have devices that you want to keep on and not just a blanket all off?

If you go out in the evening do you want all your lights to go off?

I don't have enough X10 devices to warrant anything grand so mine is a list of hs.exec10

A quick copy , paste and letter/number change can all be done in no time and its easy to remove one if things change.
        Jon

Comment

Rupp,

I have a "Daytime" event for that which turns my lights off. No script. When I'm gone in the evening I normally leave my lights run as usual with my lifestyle modes to give that "someone is home" look.

Comment

Why do you need a script? I do this with a simple event. I streamline it a little by executing other events like "Turn off all upstairs lamps" (sort of like a macro).

Comment

Ok, I'll create an event. I've just been to lazy to go through all the devices that I have and determine what I want turned off. I think while I'm at it I'll just tie it to the occupancy event in DooMotion. I guess I was just trying to make it more difficult than it needed to be.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Rupp:&gt;I guess I was just trying to make it more difficult than it needed to be. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Spoken like a true HA junkie
                Visit My Home Seer Site at:
                www.JohnWPB.com
                Created with LCARS

Comment

Rupp is way to busy posting to be writing scripts.
                  HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
                  Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
                  weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

wpiman
                    You got that right It's more fun BB surfing than writing scripts.

Comment

Rupp

Do you use the DooMotion plugin. I use the ocupancy feature to turn off all the lights etc.. with a CAC and some events etc.

Comment

That's what I ended up doing Andrew.

Comment

I have an event that turns off everything (one at a with hs.execX10), checks to see if the garage is open and if it is closes it every hour. When I am home, the event is disabled, and when I leave I enabel the event. That way if there is noise on the electrical lines the first pass, it will likely get turned off on the next pass.

Comment

Per4merKC,

Would you mind sharing your script? That sounds like it could be really useful.

Thanks!

--David

Comment

Working...
                            X