Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

Multiple devices with same code but different device type caused hangs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple devices with same code but different device type caused hangs

Hi,

I'm new to Homeseer and have found this forum a great resource. I'm not new to VB programming and ran across something I did not see reported after searching the forum.

I had issues with Homeseer freezing about twice a day causing me to have to reboot. I found that the cause seemed to be two modules on the same house-unit code. One supported dimming and one did not. I have scripts that interacted with these devices.

Once I put these on different house-unit codes the Homeseer hang problems went away!!

Kenny,
    we will need more info.
    What modules, what codes, are you sending code when HS freezes,...
    A Person is Smart. People are Dumb, Panicky Dangerous Animals.
    1,500 years ago, everybody knew that the Earth was the center of the universe.
    500 years ago, everybody knew that the Earth was flat.
    15 minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet.
    Imagine what you’ll know tomorrow.
    TLJ in MIB

Comment

Yes yes more info.

I put multiple devices on the same house/unit code all the time, but never two-way devices. I assume you're using two-way devices, since HomeSeer would not ever see what's going on out on the power-line otherwise. So please fill us in:
      What is your X-10 interface?
      What were the two device's model and manufacturer?
      What was HomeSeer trying to do when it hung, such as ON, OFF or DIM?
      Do you have a coupler/repeater?

Thanks in advance for humoring my curiosity.

Comment

One device was a simple X10 Brand lamp module and the other was the X10 Brand RF Base Unit(not sure of model numbers). I was experiencing periodic Homeseer "hangs". I discovered the conflict when I sent a dim command and the lamp dimmed, but Homeseer status never showed it as dimmed. Soon after Homeseer hung. I then put these two on different Unit codes and Homeseer has run perfectly since then.

Comment

Working...
        X