Veo Web Camera in HomeSeer Home Page - Please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Veo Web Camera in HomeSeer Home Page - Please help

I just purchased the Veo Web Camera and like it a lot, less than $275, wireless, tilt, Pan and zoom. I run into the problem using that with my work's computer. Due to my job duty my company blocks all ports except 80 and 443. Since Veo requires 80 for http port and 1600 for video port therfore I am not able to view my camera at my work. Here is my question, I was thinking to incorporate the Veo camera into my HomeSeer home page, HOPEFULLY by doing so it will able to use the HomeSeer home page that sitting in my home desktop already open the Veo camera then I will able to see pictures and my HomeSeer ALL in one page. If you know how to do it, PLEASE HELP, I really appreciated it.

Thanks!

hlkc,
    Unfortunately unless you can change the port that the camera broadcasts on this is not going to be as easy as you desire. I think some of the Apache gurus on this BB may know how to remap or "spoof" ports so that the camera is still using 1600 but Apache lets incoming traffic see it on another port. Either way it's not the easiest thing to do.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

The Veo Setup Utility lets you change the HTTP port to pretty much anything you want. I don't think you can change the video streaming port, but it sounds like you don't need to.

Steve

Comment

Yes, http port is not a problem but it is the video streaming port. Let's say if I cahnge http to 81 then video will goes to 1601. I need to change the video port to be 443.

Thanks.

Comment

Do you have a router? Can't you map 1600 on the inside to 443 on the outside?
          HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
          Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
          weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

Yes, I did the UPNP forwarding from my Linksys router and it did not work :-(

Comment

Ah the veo software expects the data back on 1600. There may be a way to switch it back from 443 at your PC.
              Not sure though.

Plug-Ins Enabled:

Comment

hlhc,
                Have you contacted Veo and asked them if this is changeable?
                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

1) I thought it could redirect from video port 1600 to other but it doesn't have that option at all. Don't undersatnd why.

2) Yes, I called and email their support and they gave me other program that they said I can try to use one port for video but I try and still doesn't work. Therefore I THOUGHT IF I CAN INPUT THIS WHOLE VIDEO WINDOW IN THE HOMESEER WEB HOME PAGE USING JUST PORT 80 THEN I WILL BE ALL SET.

Anyone have their video/camera window inside their homeseer home page? how can I do that?

Thanks!

Comment

If you just want to incorporate the Veo image periodically updated into a web page on the HS web server, see this thread: http://ubb.homeseer.com/eve/ubb.x?a=...825#7416046825

Mac Gyver developed a simple application with some public DCOM methods, and he even provided a sample web page to use. He was talking about doing an actual plug-in, but I don't think he ever pulled it off. I use his application and a customized version of the web page with my Veo Observer.

Steve

Comment

Yeah- I do this and you can take a picture- however- you can't move the camera around this way.

Plug-Ins Enabled:

Comment

wpiman,

Can you share with us how you do this? Do I need to run a script? I am just looking to insert this into the HomeSeer web page.

Thanks

Comment

If the only thing you lose on port 1600 is the video feed (and not the pan/tilt controls, etc.), then you may be able to use another streaming video program like ivista, webcam32 or the webcam2000 java pull setup to supply the video on port 443.
                          Why I like my 2005 rio yellow Honda S2000 with the top down, and more!

Comment

zoomkat,

According to Veo it is both not just pan/tilt.

Thanks.

Comment

wpiman,
                              I don't know if you were talking to me:
                              <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
                              Yeah- I do this and you can take a picture- however- you can't move the camera around this way.
                              <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The web page that Mac Gyver did provides the mechanism to move the camera (pan and tilt) by either small increments or full frames.

Steve

Comment

Working...
                              X