Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

Rain 8 Scripts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rain 8 Scripts

I am curious as to why I would use the script generated by HS script generator for the Rain 8 Sprinklers rather just setting up each zone in Homeseer as a device. If I set up as a device I would add an event to turn on and off the zone for the desired amount of time. It seems to me that this is the way to go and I have more fexibility in controlling the zones at various times of the day. Maybe I am missing something though since someone took the time to develop the script generator.

Thanks for the help.

Brad

What is the HS Script Generator ?

Comment

HS Script Generator is a utility from the Rain 8 manufacturer that allows you to build a script for starting and stoping each zone of the sprinkler system. It looks to me like you build the script which is commands like start zone 1 wait 10 minutes then stop zone one then start zone 2 wait 15 minutes and stop zone 2 etc. Then you set an envent in Homeseer to run the script whenever you what it to run so it can run through the script.

While I see this works it seems to me that I would lose alot of flexibility if I use the script rather that just setting up a device for each zone and controlling them independently rather than as a group with the script.

Thoughts? Am I missing something here?

Thanks
      Brad

Comment

b_gable,
        I don't think your missing anything. I think they did that for either people who didn't want to take the time a create an event per zone and also for those that may use a different automation package that do not have the event driven capabilities HS does.
        -Rupp
        sigpic

Comment

I have been using it for a few weeks and like the global adjustments feature and the ability to have more than one script. Ex: irrigation test, regular schedule or whatever. It would be nice if it were more integrated with HS Web.

Comment

The global adjustment feature is required here in southern California. I water at 30% in January/February and end up at 100% in July/August. I couldn't do that easily with events.

Comment

Working...
            X