Comments on MR26A vs W800RF32A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comments on MR26A vs W800RF32A

Currently I have an MR26A that I have modded and attached an external antenna. This works most of the time, but I find that every now and then motion sensors signals are not received and therefore do not turn on the lights in the room until the 2nd (or sometimes 3rd) time the motion sensor senses.

I would like to hear any experiences from users who had an MR26A with external antenna and then switched to a W800RF32A. From what I hear, people like the W800RF32A more than the MR26A, but is it worth me spending the money on the W800RF32A ro get rid of the MR26A.

Also, the MR26A ver2 plugin works great and I love the ability to be able to disable 'All lights on' for selected house codes. Does the W800RF32A plugin do all of the stuff that the MR26A plugin does (does it do more). I would love have the ability to disable 'All Lights off' for selected house codes, but this feature is not in the MR26A plugin and nobody seems to be responding to my request for this in the MR26A forum.

I would appreciate all experiences with this, because this is, after all, how we learn.
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Bob,
    There is no one on the BB "tighter" than I but I switched and afterward would never consider buying another MR26A. The W800 is a far superior product. As far as the plugin goes I can't answer that until I get home. Another nice benefit is the fact that the W800 "hears" the door an window sensors as well as other X10 security devices.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Blade, Are you sure that you don't see the motion sensors in the log but there's no response to them? I occassionally see the sensor but the lights don't flip on. Not sure why but it seems sometimes things don't trigger. I haven't examined it far enough to know if it's a Doomotion, or HS, or MR26a issue. I have been focusing more on stability and trying to make sure my Doomotion is setup correctly, CAC and icons, etc.

Comment

Steve,

No it does not seem to be HS or Doomotion. I do not see the logs saying that the motion was seen, so my assumption is that the MR26A did not see it. This is frustrating sometimes, especially when you hit your toe expecting the light to come on
        Cheers,
        Bob

Comment

Bob, I replaced my MR26A with the w800 and found much better range. As Rupp mentioned, added bonus is the ability to detect the security devices. Go for it and you won't regret it.....

Comment

I used the MR26A and switchet to the W800 and the difference is night and day. All my RF stuff works flawlessly with more range than I need. In my opinion it's the best Homeseer upgrade I have made to date.
            Nick

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Currently I have an MR26A that I have modded and attached an external antenna <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Blade:

May I ask what external antenna modifications you did to the MR26a? Where did you place the antenna (what room and also its location in relation to the MR26a and computer)?

The main advantage I see using the W800 is that it can recognize security devices. But if you don't use them the only other advantage it offers is its increased range (going by the comments from others here).

I'm just curious if you might want to exhaust all options on increasing the MR26a's range before spending the $76 on this unit. Not that I'm doubting its worth the money as I'm sure it is, just throwing this option out.
              --------------------------------------------------
              **** Do You "Cocoon"? ****

Comment

I use an external antenna that I made from this site:

http://www.shed.com/tutor/mr26ant.html

It appears to work ok but sometimes it is not seeing the motion sensor signals, which is very annoying (especially when a light doe snot come on).
                Cheers,
                Bob

Comment

Well, since you already modified your MR26a so it has an external connector on it, you may want to try making this antenna if you have the time and feel like experimenting a little.

Also many users have said to extend the serial cable and get the MR26a away from the computer.

I myself have this antenna mounted in my attic with about 50 feet of RG6 coax going between it and the MR26a (which is right beside my computer now).

Also, it is better to use 1/16" rods rather than 1/8" rods so you will not have to file off one end to get them into the spade lug connectors (though this is not that hard to do).

Good luck!

BSR
                  --------------------------------------------------
                  **** Do You "Cocoon"? ****

Comment

Thanks BSR!

I will definitely give it a try
                    Cheers,
                    Bob

Comment

Rupp,

When you get a chance, can you tell me of the features of the W800RF32A plugin?

I am particularily interested in knowing if I will be able to de-select 'All Lights On' and 'All Lights Off' for each house code individually.

TIA
                      Cheers,
                      Bob

Comment

Bob,
                        Here's a screen shot of the setup for the W800 but to tell you the truth I set it up so long ago I can't remember what the options are. There are 3 labels Lts On, All Off, Off and above that is the ignore label. So I'm not sure if Lts on is the same as All lights on. I would post this in the W800 forum if you want a definitive answer.
                        {{{{{{ Update }}}}}}}}
                        I just "rested" my mouse over the Ignore label and it states "Should RF "All Light On" and "All Lights Off" be ignored..." So it appears it does what you want.
                        Attached Files
                        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks Rupp
                          Cheers,
                          Bob

Comment

Working...
                          X