Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

Updater breaks HomeSeer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updater breaks HomeSeer

I get an error at the end of download, and trying to launch HS after that qickly gives an error.

I can un-install and re-install HS and it works.

Day 5 of trial.... not going too good so far

x10dork,
    Welcome to the HomeSeer BB. Can we get a bit more information. What error are you getting at the end of the download. What error are you getting when you try to restart HS? It'll get better trust me.
    -Rupp
    sigpic

Comment

The first time I tried the upgrade, I selected a few options. The second time, I just tried HS. In order to get the exact error message, I tried upgrading the help system, that worked. I went back to trying to upgrade HS and I get "Unexpected error; quitting".

The weird thing, even though I downloaded & installed HS 1.7, the upgrade system shows it not being installed, so I tried to update. Perhaps I should just ignore the not upgraded status.

If I try and launch HS now, it very quickly gives the same error.

I'll remove & re-install and NOT upgrade HS. My concern would be when a truly new version comes out.

Thanks for the response

Comment

x10dork,
        The installed status is determined by (I believe) a file named installed.txt in the HS root folder. There are still a few quirks with the updater but overall it's a massive improvement over the old update via Zip files. I would post a help request @
        http://www.homeseer.com/cgi-bin/helpdesk/pdesk.cgi

This is the mechanism to get the needed help on that Error.
        -Rupp
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X