Updater breaks HomeSeer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updater breaks HomeSeer

I get an error at the end of download, and trying to launch HS after that qickly gives an error.

I can un-install and re-install HS and it works.

Day 5 of trial.... not going too good so far

x10dork,
    Welcome to the HomeSeer BB. Can we get a bit more information. What error are you getting at the end of the download. What error are you getting when you try to restart HS? It'll get better trust me.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

The first time I tried the upgrade, I selected a few options. The second time, I just tried HS. In order to get the exact error message, I tried upgrading the help system, that worked. I went back to trying to upgrade HS and I get "Unexpected error; quitting".

The weird thing, even though I downloaded & installed HS 1.7, the upgrade system shows it not being installed, so I tried to update. Perhaps I should just ignore the not upgraded status.

If I try and launch HS now, it very quickly gives the same error.

I'll remove & re-install and NOT upgrade HS. My concern would be when a truly new version comes out.

Thanks for the response

Comment

x10dork,
        The installed status is determined by (I believe) a file named installed.txt in the HS root folder. There are still a few quirks with the updater but overall it's a massive improvement over the old update via Zip files. I would post a help request @
        http://www.homeseer.com/cgi-bin/helpdesk/pdesk.cgi

This is the mechanism to get the needed help on that Error.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
        X