Installing ATI TV Wonder VE card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing ATI TV Wonder VE card

I am trying to install the TV Wonder VE card on Windows XP Pro and it is giving me nothing but problems.

It said I needed to install directx 9, so I did, but when it goes thru its tests, it fails on some directx components and says that the capture driver is not correct. I have used the drivers and installations for windows xp on www.ati.com, so I am at a loss here.

Been trying now for 2 hours and nothing.

Can someone help me
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Blade,

I ran into the same thing on Win 98. Even though it said my computer failed most things including directx 9, I was able to use it without any problems. Try ignoring what the diagnostics say and just use it and see what happens.

Comment

It should work right away. I have installed that card on many systems without a glitch. Did you use the right drivers make sure they are wonder VE drivers not the radeon video card drivers. Here is the link to the drivers you want if you havent installed them already. http://www.atitech.ca/support/driver...x=8&submit.y=6

If that doesnt work try moving card to another pci slot. Also , what is the video card in your system?

Comment

I have an ATI Radeon 9000 series video card.

I can get the TV tuner to work for a bit and then all of a sudden it stops working and will not work anymore, even after reboot.

I have had enough of the card, so I am returning it and getting something else.

Any suggestions on another relatively cheap tv capture card?
        Cheers,
        Bob

Comment

Bob,
          I have that same car installed in my XP Pro machine and it works perfectly. I would suggest a Hauppauge card this way you could try out the Hauppauge Capture plugin that should work perfectly with this card.
          -Rupp
          sigpic

Comment

I suggest you go on ebay and get one of the Winnov AV PCI capture cards. Just search for Winnov.
            Why I like my 2005 rio yellow Honda S2000 with the top down, and more!

Comment

I just took the TV Wonder VE card back and purchased the TV Wonder Pro card.

The TV Wonder Pro card seems to be working perfectly. Go figure.
              Cheers,
              Bob

Comment

Working...
              X