Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

Water sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water sensor

Folk,
    I need a hand to figured out how to implement a water sensor solution.
    A year ago, my sump pump failed and my basement filled with water. While I now have a secondary battery backup unit, I live on an island and would like to install a water sensor in the sump hole in case the second pump fails. I see that you can get water sensors, but I am wondering how to implement a solution so that if the water reaches that level, the Homeseer can send out a notification via email to a couple of recipients.
    Can anyone suggest a solution?

Thanks in advance

Rob
    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

A quick search on sump pump turned up a couple of threads. Here's one of the latest:

http://ubb.homeseer.com/eve/ubb.x?a=...134#4856090134
    -Rupp
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the links. I suppose what confused me most was how the X-10 signal was going to notify/trigger with Homeseer.
      So the X-10 Power Flash module seems to be what I need.
      HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Working...
      X