Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

Line-in switches to microphone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Line-in switches to microphone

I am seting up an Shure SCM810 mixer with PZM-11 microphones. The mixer sends a line level output to the sound card (SBLive!) and that's how I have it plugged in(blue plug). I set the recording input to Line-In in the Windows XP sound controls. Whenever I say the attention phrase, HS responds and switches the recording input to microphone, which of course stops all further VR. Does anyone know why/what is doing this and better yet, how to stop it?

Thanks

I can't explain what might be happening on your system, but I have been successfully using line-in on a SBLive card for my VR for over a year now without any problems. Originally on win2k, and now on XP Pro SP1.

Bill

Comment

I'm not familiar with color coding so not sure which input is 'blue'. Sounds like it might be your "line-in" input from your description? Try plugging the output of your SCM-810 mixer into the "Mic" input on your soundcard instead...

Paul

Click to visit: www.sbsmarthomes.com
      Santa Barbara Smarthomes

Authorized Russound Dealer & Installer

Personal HA Website

HomeSeer User Profile

Comment

Thanks Bill and Paul. I discovered that the microphone configuration for speech was defaulted to microphone and would switch to it after first use.

Rick

Comment

Working...
        X