Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

one switch with a mind of it's own!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• one switch with a mind of it's own!

I have one light in a closet that is controlled by a WS467 switch. This closet is in a master bedroom that is controlled by a SwitchLinc 2380. If the 2380 is dimmed then I cannot get the ws467 to respond to on or off commands. If I dim the 2380 to 100% or just on then I can again control the switch. This sounds like the 2380 is creating noise or draining the signal.

Does anybody have any suggestions on getting this to work reliably?

Do you have a coupler/repeater installed? If not this very well could fix the problem as the C/R will boost the signal.
    -Rupp
    sigpic

Comment

Why yes I do.... In fact I stepped up to the ACT 234 because of similar problems.

Comment

Well then. Welcome to the down side to X10 and 2 way switches. I would suggest a z-wave replacement for the WS467 if you have a neutral wire.
        -Rupp
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X