Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Free copy of Visual Basic .NET Standard.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free copy of Visual Basic .NET Standard.

If you go to http://msdn.microsoft.com/vbasic/atthemovies/

and rate 5 of their short movies... MS will give you a not for resale copy of Visual Basic .NET Standard for free.

I though I'd post this, because I know that people on this form have interest in using the VB environment for editing their homeseer scripts and such.
    Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

See the disclaimer...

* Offer good only to first party recipients of a valid redemption code email. Offer is non-transferable and the redemption code is for one use only, limit of one gift per person. Product provided is strictly Not-For-Resale. This offer is valid in the 50 United States, the District of Columbia, all U.S. military bases that contain valid APO/FPO addresses, and Canada. Please allow 4 - 6 weeks for shipment. Offer good only while supplies last, or until September 30th 2004. Microsoft is not responsible for lost, late, mutilated, stolen, misdirected or undelivered mail. Void where prohibited.

Means it is not valid without the email code to go with it and the code can only be used by the original email recipient.

Comment

I figured as much that you couldn't sell it and it would only be good for yourself, you being the person who filled out the reviews for the 5 movies you watched, YOU get a code via email.

I wasn't going to try and sell it, just wanted a legal copy for free.

They send you the email code about 10 - 15 minutes after you fill out the reviews.

Then you go to a fulfillment website and enter in your code, then they send you a copy...
      Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

How can you review 5 movies when only 2 are available and the rest are coming soon?
        -Rupp
        sigpic

Comment

Click on one of those two "sections" in each section there are about 10 movies each... most are around 5 minutes.

Joe
          Joe (zimmer62)

Comment

It looks like there are only 2 categories available. But each category has multiple movies. There are quite a few more than 5 available.

Comment

I have watched 6 of them, and it stills tells me I haven't watched 5 of them, eventho it first said I did, and asked me to fill in the huge form in order to get the code.
              HSPRO 2.4 (ESXi 4.1) | my.Alert NEW | my.Trigger | HSTouch | ACRF2 | UltraM1G | BLWeather | BLLan | Rover
              (aka xplosiv)
              Do You Cocoon? Home Automation News, Tutorials, Reviews, Forums & Chat

Comment

I am getting a "Error = 5 - missing or incorrect input parameter (E=)" error when trying to click on the link to provide redemption code.
                Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
                My Hardware & Software

Comment

Seems pretty straight foward. My copy should arrive in 4-6 weeks. If you get an error on clicking the redemption code link sent by email, try copying it and pasting it in the brouser. My email doesn't do html, so that worked in my case.
                  Why I like my 2005 rio yellow Honda S2000 with the top down, and more!

Comment

Great find! Good way to spend a lunch. It will be here in 4 to 6 weeks.

Comment

Worked perfectly here so I guess we'll wait and see what we get.
                      -Rupp
                      sigpic

Comment

This is great. You get to watch free movies about a product you are interested in and you get e free copy of the software. That sounds good to me. Do you have to pay shipping. What is MS getting out of this?

Comment

No shipping... it's just free.

MS is getting good developers for their software... then when some company hires you for your skills, the company BUYS Visual Studio .NET
                          Joe (zimmer62)

Comment

It will be interesting to see if it is "cripple ware". I got a copy of the VB6 Learning Model with a VB book. Found out you couldn't make stand alone exe files and the mscomm thing to talk with the serial port was not included, which turned the endever into a non event. I've heard that the mscomm object is not included in the .net setup, so talking to the serial port might be a no-go. A VB5 control creation application is free on the MS site, but never figured on what I could actually do with it.
                            Why I like my 2005 rio yellow Honda S2000 with the top down, and more!

Comment

Let us know how it is - if it's anything like the earlier versions of VB, Standard is probably limited as to what it can access for object libraries and wouldn't be good for developing plug-ins. But I hope it isn't!
                              |
                              | - Gordon

"I'm a Man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess." - Man's Prayer, Possum Lodge, The Red Green Show
                              HiddenGemStudio.com - MaineMusicians.org - CunninghamCreativeMaine.website

Comment

Working...
                              X