Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

way 2 call hs phone

ok lets see if anyone else is having this issue / has a workaround

I installed the hs phone and way2call device on a rgular phone line and plugged a phone with caller ID into the phone out of the way2call. when a call comes in the phone shows the caller id but the way2call dosnt see it.

NOW

if i plug in a voice over ip unit inplace of the phone line the way2call can see the caller id data from that unit. so I know the way2call is functioning.

is the phone company sending caller id data differntly? oh there is also DSL on the phone line but i am runing though a filter befor going into the way2call.

anyone else had problems with the way2call and no caller id being picked up?
    detail of setup in profile. Link to videos of my projects there as well. Over 300 scripts running every min and counting

This generally happens when the polarity on the phoneline is incorrect. Switch ring and tip around and it should start working.

-BrainStormer-

Comment

tried that , still nothing
      detail of setup in profile. Link to videos of my projects there as well. Over 300 scripts running every min and counting

Comment

Gordon had mentioned something about grounding and UPSs being a problem. you on a UPS?
        My system is described in my profile.

Comment

hum YES both the hs computer and the way2call go into the ups. i will try plugging them directly into the power socket and see if that helps

Comment

Ok today i finally solved this issue.

you know what it was??? its was a plug in x10 filter , it wasnt in line but it was on a power strip going into the same outlet as the transformer for the way 2 call modem. removing this fixed the problem. I had installed it as a matter of course to block any potential interferance coming from the computers. seems i didnt need it and it was actually messing things up

Comment

Working...
            X