Templinc Plugin v1.2.4 - HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Templinc Plugin v1.2.4 - HELP!

This is not working with two new Templinc II's I bought the other day. Anyone know if this is supposed to work - if so why isn't it ??

It doesn't seem to program either of them. I am using the MR-26A module to do the power line talking.

Regards, Dan

Any errors in the HS log file?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rupp & Others,

Some more news on this problem, this is what the log file looks like when I program and add the device, report on change - farenheit, can anyone confirm that this is correct?

5/16/2004 8:13:19 AM~!~Info~!~Exec command: NO CMD dim: 0 extra: 0
      5/16/2004 8:13:20 AM~!~Info~!~Exec command: NO CMD dim: 0 extra: 0
      5/16/2004 8:13:21 AM~!~Info~!~Exec command: NO CMD dim: 0 extra: 0
      5/16/2004 8:13:29 AM~!~SmartLinc Templinc~!~Creating devices for: Channel-1 House Code-H Mode-1
      5/16/2004 8:13:29 AM~!~SmartLinc Templinc~!~Saving INI settings.

You will see that I set it up as device H. The problem is that I then start seeing, these sort of entries:

5/16/2004 8:14:28 AM~!~X10 Received~!~A15 (Den Air Conditioner) A Preset Dim 13
      5/16/2004 8:15:48 AM~!~X10 Received~!~A15 (Den Air Conditioner) A Preset Dim 12
      5/16/2004 8:17:18 AM~!~X10 Received~!~A15 (Den Air Conditioner) A Preset Dim 11
      5/16/2004 8:18:58 AM~!~X10 Received~!~A15 (Den Air Conditioner) A Preset Dim 10

Which you will notice are on house code A and almost certainly related, since they come and go when I plug in or unplug the templinc II, I'm getting near the point where I should return these to smarthome, so any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks, Dan

Comment

Dan,
        If initializing the templinc on house code H causes A15 traffic then it certainly appears the templinc is causing noise on the power line. If the area you want to monitor is easy to run wire to I would suggest looking into the one-wire temp solution. It's affordable and its a fun learning project.

Comment

It looks like the templinc is not programmed. Go into the templinc options and click the "program" button. Remember that you need to unplug the templinc then plug it back in BEFORE you press the program button. You only have about 10 seconds to hit the button after you plug it in.

-Rich

Comment

Rich,

I've tried the obvious with this. Two different templinc's and a couple of different housecodes. Several different power outlets, restarting homeseer a few times, restarting the PC as well.

Is there a particular mode I should try and start the templinc in, to better diagnose the problem. I really wish it had a light or something on it to show X10 traffic, but know this is out of your control.

I actually have three sensors, two Templinc II's and an original Templinc (which was OK, but is now unplugged). I'm trying to configure them to Housecodes H,I and J (I have stuff either side of these).

My only thought at the moment is that my X10 Eagle Eye motion detectors are interfering with the programming.

Do you actually have a Templinc there, that you can test the latest build with? Or any other configuration or logging changes I can try to address this?

Thanks, Dan

Comment

Yes, I have tried the latest build with the templinc I have and it works fine. There was one issue with 1.7 where if you deleted the RAW devices the normal devices would not update. This is fixed in the 1.2.6 build which is in the updater. Try that one and see if there is any difference. You should see the templinc sending in the HS log (pre-set dim commands). If you have a coupler/repeater, turn it off as you might not be able to program the templinc with it enabled.

-Rich

Comment

Well upgrading the s/w and removing the repeater, did make a difference. I'm now seeing

Type: TEMPLINC
                Device/messages: not time

Every thirty seconds. Is this good or bad?

Thanks, Dan

Comment

Rich,

Also do you have a TEMPLINC a TEMPLINC II or both?

Thanks, Dan

Comment

The message is a left over debug message. You can re-download 1.2.6 as I have removed the message.

I only have the original templinc here.

-Rich

Comment

Well all I can say is having tried a number of permutations, Templinc II's don't seem to work with the current plugin. I've asked Smarthome for an RMA # today, before the 30 days expires on returns.

Comment

We do have some users using the plugin with the Templinc II, so I'm not sure that is the problem. Does it work with the templinc I that you have? Does SmartHome supply any software to program the device, and does that work? There is a checkbox in the plugin options for templinc II, is that checkec?

-Rich

Comment

The Templinc II box is definitely checked. The Smarthome software requires the use of a serial PowerLinc or PowerLinc II interface, which I don't have. I will check the Templinc I tonight if I get chance.

It would help if smarthome would actually respond to the multiple e-mails I have sent them, but again this is out of our control.

Regards, Dan

Comment

Working...
                          X