WebCam32 Problem With Motion Detection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WebCam32 Problem With Motion Detection

I'm using a trial of Webcam32 and it works great except that I can't seem to get Motion Detection to save images properly using the "Local Save" option. I'm not using the HS Plugin or the Webcam 32 FTP Option. I have Webcam 32 configured as follows:
    -Image>Video>Image compare set to 10%
    -Capture>Local Save>Triggers Timer set to 10

It does save images occasionally, but they never have anything in them that would have been in motion.

KennyB,
    What version of Webcam32 are you using? The version I use doesn't offer built in motion detection. I placed a Hawkeye II near my camera and have WebCam32 take snap shots when it detects motion.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I think the timer function will take time lapse shots at the times you specify and may not be the motion setup. I haven't messed with it much, but have made avi motion captures. You can set the frame interval there so it will check for a change like once per second and such or caputure one frame per second while motion is detected. Check the avi setup and see what is there.
      Why I like my 2005 rio yellow Honda S2000 with the top down, and more!

Comment

Rupp - I have version 6.01. It seems to indicate in the doc for this version that motion detection capture is possible.

zoomkat - I'll try the avi captue and see if I have better luck.

Thanks guys!

Comment

Working...
        X