Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where do I start!

Hi All.

I have homeseer running against my house, all is fine.

I have myhtpc running my media.

I want them to be intergrated so the wall mounted LCD panels allow easy control of all my lighting.

Before I dig into this further, is there a simple way to set up web pages with big graphic switchs to drive homeseer instead, this would probably be my easiest way forward, making the graphic change when it is presently focused, so that simple up / down / left / right / select from my remote wonder can be used to turn on lights etc.

If this is not the case and something like myhtpc is the best bet to get large easy navigation and activation, why on earth can't I get it to work!!!!
    I am using hsc.exe to attempt to pass commands to.
    I have used the scripts from here

http://myhtpc.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2801

But I just keep falling down :-(

By replacing the call to hsc.exe with notepad.exe I can see that calls are being made, but all teh possible parameters are getting passed, ie I will get -x D1 on -x D1 off
    instead of just the selected command.

To make matters worse, if I edit x10,my to hav eonly one command such as

-x D1 Off

and then change the call back to hsc nothing happens, nothing at all!!

I can't even be sure that hsc is being called.

I have tried everything to attempt to work out what is going on, even trying to shell hsc.exe from a dos cmd from within myhtpc, but although everything looks like it should work it jsut does not.

Does this ring any bells?

Help!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>is there a simple way to set up web pages with big graphic switchs <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There are lots of options. Look into:

Homeseer Touchpad Interface.

Main Lobby using the new (two-way) MLHSPlugin.

Net Remote.

All have their specific forums here on this board.

Regards,

BSR
    --------------------------------------------------
    **** Do You "Cocoon"? ****

Comment

I think I saw a Homeseer plugin on the myHTPC website. Not sure if it is a one way or two way (my guess is 1 way), but worth it for you to investigate. Otherwise you could switch to MainLobby. Go to http://www.caseserve.com/cinemar/php...pic.php?t=2099
      and you will see lots of detail on how this works with MainLobby.

Comment

I used the myHTPC interface and it was OK. I have since moved to the touchpad interface based on the flexibility.

The only reason I would consider the myHTPC option is if you plan to control everything on the TV, it works well with a remote.

It is essentialy two way, by using an updater bat file for status.

Comment

Working...
        X