tv noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tv noise

Anybody have a suggestions on how to solve a noise problem from a 52 inch projection tv? I have tried the filterlincs with now luck. I keep getting j status requests when tv is on and the some x10 light switch turn on intermittently.

I had the same problem with a 50" DLP rear projection tv. The Leviton filter solved my problem. I tend to think Leviton may be a better unit than Filterlinc.

Leviton Noise Filter Link

Comment

jokerm5,
      I have seen a surge protector help with a noisy appliance.
      -Rupp
      sigpic

Comment

thanks guys, I will try both suggestions.

Comment

I had some issues with X-10 signals being missed in my house. I have a coupler/repeater and was able to see the noise was on one leg of my house wiring. A little more investigation showed it to be coming from my 53" Panasonic projection TV, when it's on.

I ordered some ACT 15a filters, and some 10a Filterlincs, and an Elk meter.

I installed an ACT 15a on the power strip that goes to the TV, DVD Stereo, and cable box, and the noise is gone. I used the other filters around the house.

Ed

Comment

Yes, I like those 15 amp ACT filters the best too. Another nice thing about them is that it has a user-accessable fuse!
            Martin Custer

Comment

I second that. After instaling those 15 amp ACT filter I have no more troubles with my "noisy" computers..

Marty
              A Person is Smart. People are Dumb, Panicky Dangerous Animals.
              1,500 years ago, everybody knew that the Earth was the center of the universe.
              500 years ago, everybody knew that the Earth was flat.
              15 minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet.
              Imagine what youíll know tomorrow.
              TLJ in MIB

Comment

Working...
              X