OK I need IR help ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK I need IR help ...

I just had to move my stereo receiver into a cabinet and now my Powermid will not control the receiver. What do I need to "route" the ir through the doors? I know I saw a device at one time but can't seem to locate it now. TIA
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

http://www.smarthome.com/8225.HTML
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Thanks Jeff.

I think I'll rearrange rather than pay $100 just to route IR through the doors.

Comment

There are a number of solutions out there. You can consider something like the Xantech 291-KIT. It's less expensive than the one above (although not cheap). In this case, however, the receiver is larger - it's meant to sit on a shelf or on top of a component. They make receivers that are smaller and meant to mount in a wall or door but they are more expensive. Worthington carries these.

I assume you don't want to put the powermid in the cabinet? What about getting another powermid receiver and putting it in there (if you need to leave the first outside)?

You should also be able to plug an IR blaster into your powermid receiver and route that cable into the cabinet (if they are close enough). On this page at smarthome, take a look at the 8213 EXTENSION EMITTER.

If the blaster doesn't work, you could use emitters going to each component but that will require some more hardware.

I think the blaster connected to the receiver is the cheapest, simplest solution if you can run the wire. If the wire that comes with it isn't long enough, you should be able to use any 3.5mm (1/8") extension cable.

Comment

Smee,
          <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>What about getting another powermid receiver and putting it in there (if you need to leave the first outside)?
          <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is exactly what I'm going to do. I ordered another receiver/emitter from Worthdist last night. Thanks for the suggestions. Greg

Comment

Working...
          X