OK I'm ready to move my receiver to a closet up stairs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK I'm ready to move my receiver to a closet up stairs

Now a few questions. I'm going to run one receiver connected to an impedance matching speaker selector. This will en-turn be connected to volume controls in each room. Now I'm open for suggestions. The closet is 3 feet wide and about 3 feet deep. This will end up becoming my "wiring" closet. So any suggestions on either using pre-built wiring enclosures or do-it-yourself are welcome.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Rupp,

I'd recommend starting by mounting at least a 3x4 sheet of plywood on the back wall on which you can mount the rest of your equipment and punch-down blocks. I'm cheap, so I don't go for any of the pretty enclosures. I just bought a lot of 110-block for telephone/motion detector/LAN punch-downs. Many of the other devices I have are just mounted directly to the plywood. May not be pretty, but I don't care, it's easy to get to everything.

--David

Comment

David,
      I'm with you on the cheap so I'm all about getting the most for the money. Where did you get your 110-block punch-down blocks?
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Howdy, Rupp.

I found the cheapest way to get the stuff was to buy it from local telecommunication suppliers. There are a number in my area (and I'm sure in yours), and they all serve the general public. Cha-ching!

--David

Comment

Working...
        X