Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cool HS Server Monitor tool (to monitor HS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool HS Server Monitor tool (to monitor HS)

I was looking for a method to monitor my HS server, one that would notify me if it was down.

I found IPCheck. They have a free version that works great to monitor another server. It only monitors three items, but that it more than enough to tell if HS is up/down. I monitor my HS server with ping and and the web server port.

I then get paged if either does not respond. I then know if there is a problem.

Great little program for free, especially since it runs unnoticed on my other system.

It only monitors three items, but that it more than enough to tell if HS is up/down.

Hi Scott,

I use a script to ping the devices on my LAN (PC's, router, wireless bridge, etc.) to accomplish the same thing. One area that I have bumped into that the "ping test" doesn't resolve is when HS is in a "nearly failed" condition.

For example, it would be great to determine if the CPU is at 100% for X amount of time, or if the PC memory is maxed out for X period of time.

The times I have had troubles with the HS machine are due to a failed CM11A which causes HS to max the CPU at 100% most of the time. Actively finding this condition and taking action on it would be a great solution.

I know this is somewhat off topic from your post to help others learn about the app you describe, but it seemed prudent to post this to help others think about some associated issues.

Cheers,

Shawn

Comment

There is also a plug-in for Trillian(if you use it) called HecatesPorts that does something similar. I use it at work. It will not page you or call your cell, but it can execute a program if a server fails to respond.

Jim

Comment

Working...
      X