Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Causes This?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    What Causes This?

    My log gets flooded with this stuff, the CPU goes to 100%, and HS comes to a halt? I'm using V1.7 on a W2K PC.

    Any thoughts appreciated.

    Shawn

    5/29/2004 11:14:43 PM~!~Info~!~Exec command: OFF dim: 0 extra: 0
    5/29/2004 11:14:43 PM~!~Info~!~Exec command: OFF dim: 0 extra: 0
    5/29/2004 11:14:43 PM~!~Info~!~Exec command: OFF dim: 0 extra: 0
    5/29/2004 11:14:43 PM~!~Info~!~Exec command: OFF dim: 0 extra: 0
    5/29/2004 11:14:43 PM~!~Info~!~Exec command: OFF dim: 0 extra: 0
    5/29/2004 11:14:43 PM~!~Info~!~Exec command: OFF dim: 0 extra: 0
    5/29/2004 11:14:44 PM~!~Info~!~Exec command: OFF dim: 0 extra: 0
    5/29/2004 11:14:44 PM~!~Info~!~Exec command: OFF dim: 0 extra: 0
    5/29/2004 11:14:44 PM~!~Info~!~Exec command: OFF dim: 0 extra: 0
    5/29/2004 11:14:44 PM~!~Info~!~Exec command: OFF dim: 0 extra: 0
    5/29/2004 11:14:44 PM~!~Info~!~Exec command: OFF dim: 0 extra: 0
    5/29/2004 11:14:44 PM~!~Info~!~Exec command: OFF dim: 0 extra: 0

    #2
    Paso.

    I logged on this morning to post a similar problem I'm having.

    I've noticed that when I leave the homeseer gui on the "devices" tab, the cpu maxes out at 100% causing the occasional events / triggers not to register. If I go back to the "events" tab or the "log" tab cpu comes down to 10% and homeseer works faultlessly again. I tried updating to 1.7.7 but its still happening.

    I'm running on a 2.4 P4 with 512memory. I have VWS / gameport / W800, Temp08, Media player,160 devices, 50 events.

    I've tried disabling all the events, no change. I've tried removing the Tempo8 and Modem com port scripts and still no change.

    Any further ideas on debugging this would be much appreciated.

    Thanks. Phill

    Comment


      #3
      Shawn,

      This message from an external program or script that is sending X10 commands. Maybe its caught in a loop. See what scripts you are running and disable them until the problem goes away.

      -Rich
      website | buy now | support | youtube

      Comment


        #4
        Thank you Rich. I've only got a few scripts and no "external" X10 source, but I'll stop the scripts to narrow down the problem.

        Phil - when my CPU goes to 100% I cannot control HS at all, I have to shut it down with the task manager in Windows.

        Shawn

        Comment


          #5
          By "external" it includes plug-ins, so scripts OR plug-ins could be causing this.

          Also, HomeSeer's device view has to refresh when a device changes status, so if the particular view you are looking at has a lot of device in it (e.g. all locations) or if you have a device that is changing rapidly, then HomeSeer will take a lot of CPU to keep the display up-to-date. You might try viewing individual locations until you can see if one location in particular causes the CPU use to skyrocket, and that might help you determine the device, perhaps updated by a script or plug-in, that is causing this.
          Regards,

          Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

          Comment


            #6
            Many thanks Tink.

            Comment


              #7
              I also am getting the same log floods with:
              ~!~Info~!~Exec command: OFF dim: 0 extra: 0

              I found my culprit to be mcsTemperature plugin.
              I am not sure but I believe it has something to do with the "wind ON threshold" for mcsControl.

              Comment


                #8
                Is the bottom line of this discussion that anytime a script or plugin uses the ExecX10 method that homeseer will now generate this info message in the log? I know I often use ExecX10 when I want to change the status of a device and then let homeseer evaluate potential events that are triggered on this device.

                Comment


                  #9
                  If you use EXECX10NOLOG in an plugin or the NOLOG property in a script then these messages are suppressed.

                  G

                  Comment


                    #10
                    I have no plugins for my version of HS. After Rich posted his comment, I went back and looked thru my scripts.

                    One of my old scripts iterates thru the same 'off' command multiple times to switch off a bug zapper (the thing was would frequently miss the first 3 or 4 off commands as it is stubborn and more than a hundred feet away from the house).

                    Anyway, I deleted the script, and since that time my log has been free of the entries shown above, and HS has been rock solid. Since a few days have passed, it seems likely this was my culprit.

                    In my estimation I had flooded the circuit with a command which seems to have looped back around and propagated by itself (multiplying it
                    self).

                    Shawn

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X