Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it possible to run homeseer scripts on network

Hello all,

Is there a way to run HomeSeer scripts like weather.txt that have speach ability on other computers of the same network.

thanks, tb

Not sure what you wanting to do here. Do you simply want to execute the Weather event that is located on the HS PC from another PC? If so yes by using the web interface.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks Rupp

Yes Exactly. But not sure how.

Will the other computers speak the weather?

Comment

No they won't. There is no way to have the speech of one PC directed to another. This is why alot of users have whole house audio systems or wireless speakers connected to the HS PC and connect the output to wireless speakers. This way HS can speak and the output of the sound card can be split between the PC and the wireless speakers. I do not use the message server but with a bit of work the weather could be capture as a virtual device and spoke on a remote computer. I'm sure someone will chime in after the holiday and give a definitive answer on this.

Comment

Thanks again .

How do you add it to the web interface.

Have a nice holiday . By the way nice homepage.

tb

Comment

Microsoft scripting allows you run scripts on remote computers on the LAN. Look under Windows Script Host (WSH.Remote). The catch, however, is that Homeseer scripts are run under ScriptControl rather than directly under windows. To make a homeseer script run under windows you need to add 2 lines to the file. The first declares the Homeseer object and the second calls the main procedure of the script. Note that Homeseer needs to be properly configured with DCOM. If there are arguments involved, then you will also need to pick them up and pass them to the main procedure.

I run MessageCentral in this mode to speak at remote clients. In this case, however, I do not try to run the homeseer object from a remote computer, but I do run scripts that deal only with Windows.

While it can be done, it it not the most straightforward thing to accomplish.

Comment

Thanks Michael,

That's a mouthful. Let me digest this for awhile.

tb

Comment

TB,
                Did you get the answer you were looking for?

Comment

Hi Rupp,
                  That seems to be one way to deal with it.

I guess I am still not clear about using how the weather data gets to the web interface.

tim

Comment

TB,
                    Lets back up here. What exactly are you wanting to do.

Which weather "package" are you runinng?

Comment

sorry for not being more clear

weather.txt

But obviously this will not display on the web interface.

Which script would display the weather on my web interface?

Comment

TB,
                        Let me suggest downloading and setting up the WeatherXML script. It requires a bit of setup but after that it's ROCK stable because it's based on an XML file provided by the weather channel. Once you have this set up it offers out of the box weather pages, spoken forecasts, touchpad webpages,etc. It's really a good weather package. You can get it in the updater. If you have any questions see this thread and or ask here:

http://ubb.homeseer.com/eve/ubb.x?q=...7516061705&p=1

Comment

That sounds perfect

Thanks for all your help

Tim

Comment

tb,

As for making other PC's talk, I suggest using the message server plugin. That's how I do it. It is realy pretty easy to modify a script to read out the message server, rather then the hs.speak line.

This way I can set off a script via the web on any PC in the house and have every PC speak the results. (Of course most just go through my whole house audio, but that is just my preference.)

In fact, I should be clear, my whole house audio PC does NOT run HS at all, but does speak on HS's behalf.

Comment

I echo Hanfseer's response on using Message Server. I have basically settled for using Message Server as my whole house audio system for now since the main areas where I want audio also have PCs running 24/7.
                              Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
                              My Hardware & Software

Comment

Working...
                              X