Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PC

Do you guys leave your PC running 24/7?
    If not how do you shut it down and restart when HS is inactive/active?

24/7 here and have been for the last 5 or 6 years.

If your going to shut it down then it's best to simply put HS in the startup folder.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

24/7 here on a dedicated server used only for HS. Dual Raid1 Sata drives.

Comment

I have been running my HomeSeer PC 24x7 for the past 5 years. Once a month I take a can of compressed air and blow out all the dust from the fans. Seems to keep the temperatures down.

Regards,
        Ultrajones
        Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

how would you control your life if it wasn't on 24/7? (just kidding! - well, sort of!)

I have HS set in my startup folder for when I reboot remotely. It all starts up to my "steady state".

Comment

I've left my PC on 24/7 for the past 4 or 5 years and haven't had any problems other than a slightly higher electric bill.
            Doing so has also helped raise the WAF. Our computer is in the living room (wife's idea actually) and there a lot of times where she'll come over for just a few seconds and check the weather before heading out. She'll also come and sit down while eating a snack and check news sites and/or email at various times throughout the day as well.

Comment

I have my PC on 24/7, with HS as a service for recovery after power fail... (I didn't want to disable the login screen)

Comment

Ultra,
                Can those cans of air be refilled?
                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks for the reassurance
                  Jim

Comment

Pc running all day? Sure- which one are you curious about?
                    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
                    Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
                    weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rupp:
                      Ultra,
                      Can those cans of air be refilled? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
                      Not the ones I use: http://www.microcenter.com/single_pr...uct_id=0134141
                      I buty them up at Costco for a great price. Just make sure you don't tip the can when using it or it will spray something other than air.
                      Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

I have several (5+) machines running 24/7, I only reboot for critical patches, or when tinkering with the system. I also have the rechargeable cans of air, but they really aren't as great as the disposable ones, the pressure is much less and don't last as long.
                        HSPRO 2.4 (ESXi 4.1) | my.Alert NEW | my.Trigger | HSTouch | ACRF2 | UltraM1G | BLWeather | BLLan | Rover
                        (aka xplosiv)
                        Do You Cocoon? Home Automation News, Tutorials, Reviews, Forums & Chat

Comment

Bring 'em into the Washington D.C. area if you prefer a "hot air" refill - there is an excess there.
                          Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Jeff

How do you reboot remotely?

Comment

24x7 operation here, too.

My platform is a PICMG format Industrial rackmount PC.

Ball bearing fans and air filters are your friend.

Comment

Working...
                              X