• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Deal on Viewsonic Airpanel-V110

Lowest price I have seen yet:
    Airpanel

A good complement to any HA setup.

Does anyone know if this version includes the CE web browser? I think it only supports a remote connection to another PC, which is no good.

They did have a model that included the web browser, but I forget which one that was.

-Rich
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rich, why do you say no good?
      Even if the connection of this device is limited to RTS for a single machine (on a home network), this may be helpful as a means for remote administration or access to the HS machine.

I have two Fujitsu Point tablets and also a Gateway Connected Touchpad that I use to establish remote desktop sessions to my Homeseer machine. True, the Airpanel cannot browse on its own, so to speak, but will provide an additional, more convenient RTS client.

Comment

MrX10,

Do you know this model has the microphone installed? Maybe I can use it as wirless mic :-) Also, how long will it last before I need to recharge it?

Thanks,
        hlkc

Comment

It would be a great device to run NetRemote on!

Comment

hlkc,
            The average battery life is quoted at 4 hours but in reality it's probably closer to 2.5 to 3 hours. I'm not sure you can use this as a wireless mike since it uses RDS.

Comment

Remote desktop connection breaks the VR and TTS in HS since MS shuts it down if no one is logged in, so it can't be used for that. If you are not using VR or TTS, then its ok.

Also, only one person can be logged into the PC at a time, that limits you to only display. I would much rather just use the web interface. I be they disabled it.

-Rich

Comment

A little research reveals that this device does not include a web browser, and people have tried installing one, and have been unsuccessful getting it working.

However, the airpanel 100 does include a web browser, so I'm keeping my eyes open for deals on that model.

-Rich

Comment

Rich..

Is the VR and TTS still an issue if you can exit RDP without logging off.

I have a small batch file I picked up somwhere that let's you kill the session without locking the users. I use this for remote access to my media PC. This works so I don't have to login when I access it direct from the TV with my remote.

Comment

I'd love to get one of these for NetTouchPad but I agree the availability of a browser would be a great addtion. If a browser version becomes available at anywhere near the same price I'd go for that. If most people think that the 100 could not be offered at a lower price then maybe this one would fit my needs.

G

Comment

If you don't log off and do not re-direct sound to the client, I think your ok.

-Rich

Comment

Working...
                      X