X10 collisions with many devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X10 collisions with many devices

big_red_frog's post has prompted me to ask a question I've been wondering about for a while.

If you have lots of X10 transmitters on the power line (RF devices obviously don't count) like light switches, controllers, CM11, etc, do you have trouble with messages colliding with each other, and preventing either message getting through? How much of a problem is it? How many transmitters would be too many?

Steve

SteveB,
    This could be come a problem if you have TONS of traffic. Before I bought my W800 I had all 16 of my motion sensors on RR501's and I would occasionally get strange X10 entries on the M housed code due to collisions but over all it's "generally" not that big of a problem. HS sees the commands and queues them so they could get stacked up at times.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks Rupp. So you think that even if all switches sent an X10 signal each time they change state it still woulnd't be too much of a problem?

I'm wondering because in my previous systems I've managed to keep the number of transmitting devices very low but this time (I'm starting again... again!) I'm thinking of doing things differently.

Comment

Considering it takes less than a second for the signal to get to HS it would take a lot of switches to flood the power line.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
        X