Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Way To Change Weekday/Weekend Schedule?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Way To Change Weekday/Weekend Schedule?

There are certain things that I want to be able to run or control when I go to work and then also would like to disable them when I am home.
    I was thinking of having a button on an X-10 console used in such a way that when it is pressed, it will disable certain events from happening and then another button would enable them again. I was wondering if this can be done stricktly within the Homeseer GUI interface selections without doing any scripting. What are others doing in these cases? Thanks for the help in advance !!!!!

I have two virtual devices called 'weekend' and 'weekday'. On events I want to happen only on weekdays I would include it in the conditional edit boxes.
    Another event controls the weekend/weekday virtual devices. The event can look at the day of the week such as 'if it is friday 11:00 pm then turn the weekend device on and turn the weekday device off'.
    If this is all confusing let me know and I will give better details.
    My setup is I can verbally tell HS to set the house mode to weekend/weekday/vacation. OR at 9:00 am Friday night, HS will ask me if I would like it to set the house mode to weekend?'. I reply yes or no. Same thing happens Sunday night.. The reason I don't just have it automatically set itself to weekend/weekday mode is because it is cool that it asks me if it can do somehing, plus I'm off every other Monday and I want those Mondays to remain as a weekend. Course I've done some scripting to accomplish the interaction, but you can still do most of this without scripting.

Danny Norris

Comment

Danieln,
      This looks pretty much like what I am trying to accomplish. If you could provide more detail that would be great. Also if you have an example of your scripting for this type of thing, that would be helpful also. Thanks in advance for all your help !!!!! I am also off on certain days, and it would be nice to be able to enable/disable stuff based on a day off or vacation.

Comment

Working...
      X