Is Acoustic Magic the only good mic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Acoustic Magic the only good mic?

My mic is terrible at voice recognition. Its a cheapo "chapstick" mic that came with my computer. If the volume of your voice is just a little too loud or soft it doesn't understand you at all. A headset might be more accurate but I can invision myself walking around the house like Madonna. Probably a desk mic or shelf mic would be best.

Poking around I saw the Acoustic Magic VoiceTracker array mic that people say is much more accurate. The lowest price I could find was $275 for the USB version. Since it was made a few years back, I'm wondering if there are some other reliable mics on the market that might be just as good and possibly less expensive.

Many people use microphones made by Crown. The models are PZM-10LL and PZM-11LL. These are about half thes cost of the Acoustic Magic microphones. Martin at Automated Outlet carries these as well as the Acoustic Magic microphone.

Comment

I use PA-3 Mikes from Supercircuits. $12.95
      They work great for me. The key IMHO is to switch to a preamped mike (self leveling) and the line input. The only caveat is that your room cannot have a lot of other sound to input.
      I get full room coverage from each pa-3 and more.

Comment

Working...
      X