VR questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VR questions

I put my HS PC and mic in my living/theatre room. It seems to me that it is very easily pick up noice there now. I have few questions and please help if you can. Appreciated in advance.

1) How can I get the mic in the mute mode all the time except when I say the wake up word?

2) Am I just putting to close to the TV and the speakers or I have a bad quality mic? How come I pick up a lot of noice and the Genie keep poping up and ask me what I want? Will a better mic can can rid of the problem? Or should I just find another location? I spent 70% of the time there and want to put the HS VR there. Any way out?

3) The more I do the VR training the more commands that VR is not recognize me. How can I completely remove my previous training and start all over again?

Thanks a million.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hlkc:
    I put my HS PC and mic in my living/theatre room. It seems to me that it is very easily pick up noice there now. I have few questions and please help if you can. Appreciated in advance.

1) How can I get the mic in the mute mode all the time except when I say the wake up word?
    You can't. If the mic is muted you can't issue a command. You could set up a palm pad and issue a certian X10 command to unmute the mic and then issue the voice command.
    2) Am I just putting to close to the TV and the speakers or I have a bad quality mic? How come I pick up a lot of noice and the Genie keep poping up and ask me what I want? Will a better mic can can rid of the problem? Or should I just find another location? I spent 70% of the time there and want to put the HS VR there. Any way out?
    Yes a better mic would help, more training will help a ton.
    3) The more I do the VR training the more commands that VR is not recognize me. How can I completely remove my previous training and start all over again?
    Start &gt; control panel &gt; speech. Select the profile you want to delete and select the delete button.

Thanks a million. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rupp,

Thanks as always. I am using a "ok" mic that when the room is quiet, it works pretty well. But when I have my TV/AMP/speakers on, it reduces the successful rate big time. Do you think Crown or Ascoustic Magic will do a better job in a TV/AMP/speakers on environment? Or this area simply is not a area to build a VR set up?

Thanks,
      hlkc

Comment

I'm also interested in knowing a bit more if a quality mike helps. Currently my HA computer is part of my entertainment center, and the mike sits on top of the TV. It works so-so (I just re-enabled VR after not using it for a year, and am training it), but if I am watching TV, or playing music, it picks up non-existant commands from those sources as well.

Comment

Can anyone share your successful experience with us that how are you using HS VR in the TV/speaker area? Also, what mic do you have?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

My mike is at the computer, for now. I intend to expand later. There is plenty of human, dog, bird, teenager, kitchen noise and music in the immediate area.

I use Mr. Roboto as the attention phrase and it doesn't pick up false alerts. So, a conversation might go like:

me: Mr. Roboto (attention phrase and executes script to listen for commands)
            MR. Roboto: yo dawg, what up?
            me: turn the front door light on
            Mr. Roboto: I have turned the front door light on
            me: That's all (executes script to listen only for attention phrase)
            Mr. Roboto: Adios

If music is on, I have to mute or pause it to talk to Mr. Roboto, sometimes I have to wait for the ambient noise to quiet down, too.

This works quite well unless I forget to tell him "That's all" so he continues listening for commands. He then reads us the news, gets weather reports, turns lights on or off whenever he thinks he hears a command. That can get pretty funny sometimes.

Jeff

Comment

Jeff,

What do you mean "executes script to listen for commands/attention phase"? Do you run a script as soon as VR picks up your attention word? Is fo, do you mind share the script with me to try? Currently my VR is going crazy and listen alomost evething and just keep talking to itself now...

Thanks,
              hlkc@yahoo.com

Comment

Sure, I'll send them to you this evening when I get home.

The big key is to find an attention phrase that has a combination of sounds that is unique enough for him to only recognize it whan you want him to.

Jeff

Comment

Thanks a lot!

hlkc

Comment

Actually, now that I can look at my setup, I have to say that I misspoke about the scripts. I simply set up the attention and ignore commands and phrases in the configuration panel.

So in the Voice Recognition tab, I have:

Attention Voice Command
                    mister roboto

Attention Acknowledge Phrase
                    yo dawg, waat up?

Ignore Voice Command
                    that's all

Ignore Acknowledge Phrase
                    adios

I know that sounds too simple, I went through many iterations before I got it to work the way I wanted.

PS. Do not check the Always listen for commands box.

Have fun!
                    Jeff

Comment

Thanks a lot and I will give it a try tonight.

hlkc

Comment

Also make sure you haven't got the "adjust to user ...... regular use" ticket. This way your VR adjusts itself to the voices in your room (kids, tv, etc)

Grtz,
                        Dutch

Comment

Working...
                        X