Strange X10 Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange X10 Problem

Here is my problem, I have HS connected to my home for X10 by a CM11A. I have an HAI OmniPro connected by the TW523. I put in some new receivers (2 way HCS06-TW, and a 6291 relay) in the bathroom. The TW running the lights, the 6291 doing the bath fan. Using HS both receivers do not follow any commands at all. No ON, OFF, DIM, BRIGHT, nothing. All other receivers on the same electrical circuit work perfectly. I do have a coupler/repeater.. the older leviton one I believe the 6201.. not the newer HCS02 or whatever it is . Now when I have HS turn on either receiver thru the HAI panel it works perfectly. So I tried plugging in the CM11A exactly where the HAI's TW523 is plugged in and trying it. Still nothing.. so I'm confused. Is my CM11A going out even though all the other receivers work fine but these 2? Or is the CM11A putting out a lower signal then the TW523? I've replaced both receivers with others just to be sure I didn't have defective ones.. so now I'm lost.. any suggestions???

There is another post in the hardware section where signal strength was tested. Can you put a different switch in place of the ones that don't work and get them to work from HS? I have a CM11A hooked up to HS and a TW523 hooked up to my ocelot and I have times where a light will respond to the 523 but the CM11A. Can you move the CM11A to another outlet besides the one where the 523 is plugged in and try it? Sometimes a different outlet helps.

Comment

Well I've tried the CM11A in about 4 different circuits around the house. Still no avail. As I said, I've put different switches in place, and still only the HAI hooked to the TW523 can control it.

Comment

Working...
      X