Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Training Sony TV & Clock Radio Codes in Homeseer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Training Sony TV & Clock Radio Codes in Homeseer?

After reading through the threads on the SECU16IR system, I have been able to get it to work. The Ocelot/Leopard unit is zone 17 and the SECU16 is zones 1 - 16. What I decided to do is control another item other than the Sony TV. I tested with a Toshiba DVD Player and I was able to control it fine on zone 1 of the SECU15IR unit. I am assuming that I have to somehow tweak the frequency for the Sony TV to get it to work. Anyone have any ideas on how to adjust the frequency of the Sony TV? Also if this has to be done via CMAX, how does one still control the unit with Homeseer? Thanks for all your help !!!!!!! Also have Sony Clock Radio I would like to control. Thanks again !!!!

Rick,
    Is it not just simply learning the codes using the IR Config in HS?
    -Rupp
    sigpic

Comment

I have tried that already, but when I go to test them, they do not work. I believe that there is a frequency issue with Sony equipment. Was hoping Jon would chime in on this one. Anybody else controlling Sony TV's, etc. after being trained in Homeseer Config/IR screen? Thanks in advance for all the help !!!!!!

Comment

I've had problems learning Sony receiver codes with two different devices and HS (PC-IRLINK and USB-UIRT). These problems have only been with Sony.

The device and plugin both act as if they have learned the code from the remote. But, when I try and use them they don't work.

I've gotten around this by using a universal remote that can be set to emulate my Sony receiver. The devices have been able to learn the codes (and spit them back out) from the universal remote when they haven't been able to learn them correctly from the real remote. This has been the case with two different receivers (but they have many codes in common).

If you have a universal remote around that you can set to your Sony TV, try learning from that instead.

Comment

Rick,
          I have 2 Sony receivers and have learned both with no problems using only the Ocelot and the original ocelot plugin.
          -Rupp
          sigpic

Comment

I also have learned two receivers and a DVD player with the ocelot. I have noticed that the frequency is 38 hertz. Don't know if that is of any use or not.

Comment

Working...
            X