WeatherXML Copyright

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WeatherXML Copyright

Droopyear provided an WeatherXML to MSNBC format conversion script so that I could include it with mcsTempeature. It looks to be a modification to the WeatherXML script that has a copyright notice.

My particular question is what type of release do I need to use this copyrighted material.

My general question is on how to deal with copyrighted material that is posted for download. Can it in general be used? Can it be modified? If the answers are yes then what rights are the author retaining. If the answers are no then what is the purpose of being downloadable?

In the case of WeatherXML, the data is free to use. However, it comes from Weather.com and they have a few conditions for the use of their data.
    Such as you can only download the data once every 30 minutes and you must display the weather.com logo with a link to thier site.
    I put the copyright notice at the top just to protect myself in the event that someone changes the code that meets these requirements and so we wouldn't end up with 6 different versions of the same script posted, each with 1 or 2 small differences.

I left the scripts as non encrypted so anyone can modify them for their use. I added the Weather.com logo to the web pages but I can not keep someone from removing it.

You are welcome to use the data from either the ini file or straight from the xml file. Just keep in mind Weather.com's conditions.
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Thanks Jeff

Comment

the dnloaded sdk including pdf documents for copyright notices, and i emailed for u.(from my company emil adress)

Comment

Working...
        X