How to move to a new computer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to move to a new computer?

My old PC has just about had it, so I bought a new PC.

My question is, now that I have a bunch of plug ins running with virtual devices created etc.. . what is the easiest way to move evrything over to the new computer?

Will I have to painstakenly go through the whole installation process for each plug in?

Will I be able to copy over dvices and events?

How should I do it?

Thanks
    Joe
    jjsmd@yahoo.com

Why not just install the hard drive from the old machine. Another method if this is not possible and one I have used. Install the operating system on to the new machine. Then either fit the old drive as a secondary or use an IDE to USB interface and connect the old drive via the USB port. Then use a program called Xclone. This is used in a DOS window within windows. Then you will have to reinstall/repair the windows setup on the new machine. I have found this method with the USB to IDE interface very succesful, and saves having to reload software and plugins.
    Xclone can be found by doing a web search. If you have problems then I will dig out my copy and post it here for you.

Comment

This scenario has been discussed many times on this board. I know the search capabilities leave a lot to be desired but if you do a little searching, you should find that this question is asked frequently.

Comment

Working...
      X