Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with Voice control problem

Hey all....

I'm having a problem controlling my lights via voice command.

What happens is I tell HS "Turn on Office lights". I get a confirmation that HS understood my command and I then see, if I have the device selected in HS, that a delayed event is added to the queue. The time for execution, however, is seconds after I make the request.

However, it appears that by the time the event appears in the queue, the time has already passed so the event is not executed and remains in queue indefinetly.

As I don't know when this popped up in relation to updating HS as I don't use voice commands too often, (I'm running 1.7.7 and the latest HSPhone) it is hard to know if it is related to an update or something else entirely.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Paul Wasserman

Wazoo,
    Have you have loaded the speak easy plugin?
    πŸ’β€β™‚οΈ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products​

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rupp:
      Wazoo,
      Have you have loaded the speak easy plugin? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, I have not. But why would I need to?

I've been running HS for over a year without that plugin and have never had this problem.

Or are you probing that *having* that plug in could be causing the problem?

Either way.... thanks for the assistance.

Paul

Comment

Wazoo,
        You are having the same problem I have had running Alex Kurz's scripts, which create delayed events. I backed down from 1.7.7 to to 1.6.200 and it works again. I opened a problem on the help desk a week ago, but haven't received a response yet. I assume there are higher priority problems out there.

I run both Doomotion and Speakeasy plug-ins as well as the basic Ocelot, X10 CM19A Firecracker USB, Webcam plug-ins.

I did try modifying the scripts to check if there was a delay requested, and if not to just do an execx10 rather than create a delayed event. This worked, but delayed events still had questionable results.

Comment

Rupp,

SpeakEasy only interfaces with the TTS (Text to Speech) engine not the VR (Voice Recognition) engine. Wazoo is having problems with voice recognition.

George

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gardner:
            Wazoo,
            You are having the same problem I have had running Alex Kurz's scripts, which create delayed events. I backed down from 1.7.7 to to 1.6.200 and it works again. I opened a problem on the help desk a week ago, but haven't received a response yet. I assume there are higher priority problems out there.

I run both Doomotion and Speakeasy plug-ins as well as the basic Ocelot, X10 CM19A Firecracker USB, Webcam plug-ins.

I did try modifying the scripts to check if there was a delay requested, and if not to just do an execx10 rather than create a delayed event. This worked, but delayed events still had questionable results. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Gardner,

You pegged it. I'm running Alex's scripts as well.

How then, can I roll back to 1.6.200? When I run the Updater, it only offers a rollback to HomeSeer BETA-1 1.6.0.150.

I wiped my XP and reinstalled directly to 1.7.7 yesterday (due to a hardware problem)... so does that preclude me from rolling back to 1.6.200?

Thanks for the help!

Paul

Comment

Wazoo,
              This problem is becoming more and more of a problem for this script as well as a few others. I would suggest filing out a problem report so we can get HST take on this problem.
              πŸ’β€β™‚οΈ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products​

Comment

I still cannot understand how so much can go so bad between the last beta and the new 1.7.

Comment

Wazoo,
                  I went into my Homeseer updates folder and had the old one there. If you started fresh, you probably have nothing in that folder. Did you perchance backup your homeseer directory recently? All I did to backdate homeseer was copy the older Homeseer executable file from the updates folder to the current Homeseer directory and start it up.

I have to congratulate the Homeseer folks on writing a program that is so easy to work with. Backing down to older versions is simple and, so far, without problems. Free support and upgrades is another real plus. As far as software bugs, even the most sophisticated companies with multi million (even billion) dollar development budgets have bugs, so don’t be too hard on these guys.

Comment

Skibum,

I am in full agreement. There were obviously several major differences between the last 1.6 beta and 1.7. This makes no sense at all. Whether it is the case or not, the appearance is that 1.7 was a totally untested release. Even 1.7.7 has issues.

Bill

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gardner:
                      Wazoo,
                      I went into my Homeseer updates folder and had the old one there. If you started fresh, you probably have nothing in that folder. Did you perchance backup your homeseer directory recently? All I did to backdate homeseer was copy the older Homeseer executable file from the updates folder to the current Homeseer directory and start it up.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, I *did* backup my Homeseer just before wiping my drive... but there is no other executable in the updates folder.

Maybe I'll just roll back to 1.6.150 and hope for the best...

Wazoo

Comment

Well... I can confirm that this is a 1.7.7 issue with Alex's voice scripts/ delay events.

Reverting back to 1.6.119 solved the problem for me.

Thanks everyone for the help!

Wazoo

Comment

Working...
                        X