Transferring Homeseer to New Computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Dutch,

Voice reconition eh! Copy and Paste, em, why not!

I experemented with VR, put it on the back burner, so the honest answer is I do not know.

The logical answer has to be YES, simply because HS has to store the regognition paterns somewhere, and the logical place is in the HS directory. Therefore, if you copy all files from the HD directory, then reinstall HS to the same version, in order to set registry etc, and paste the entire HomeSeer directory, overwiting everything, you should be back where you left off.

Rich or Tink will be able to confirm this, but I do not see any nessecity for HS Voice regognition to have any entries in the registry or any other part of the computer outwith the HS directory.

By the way, I cannot and do not take credit for this simple way of re-installing HomeSeer and all it's other bits. That, as far as I am conserned, goes to Jim DooLittle, yes Jim, not Dr.

If you are concerned post a ticket on the HS web site and ask the question before you do anything.

Take care,
    Gogs.
    sigpic
    A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

So if I understand correctly- install the latest version of HS so that registry gets update- and then simply copy the old HS directory over the old one. Is it that simple?
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
      Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
      weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

Well... as far as I know, the VR profiles are not in the HS directory. As HS only makes use of SAPI 5.1 which is a VR-engine from my m8 Bill at Microsoft's

Grtz,
        Dutch

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Well... as far as I know, the VR profiles are not in the HS directory. As HS only makes use of SAPI 5.1 which is a VR-engine from my m8 Bill at Microsoft's <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats a good point Dutch. As far as the VR goes I think you need advice from someone who has done it, or knows how to copy the VR files.

Wpiman, yes it that simple, only try to install HS up to the version you had installed when you copied the files.

Gogs.
          sigpic
          A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Working...
          X